Monday, January 19, 2009

What a Day

Today was supposed to be a holiday. I didn't have to work. It was supposed to be a work day for the teachers so no school but daycare was gonna be open. Didn't quite turn out that way. I got a call Friday afternoon right as school got out saying a water line had burst and since there was no water, daycare was closing and would remain closed through Monday. Being the sister with the day off, I volunteered to keep a couple of my nieces and and nephews who go to the same daycare so their parents could work. I love to be with the kids. We had an amazing day. I had eight children who all behaved and got along really well. Now if you know our family you know that it is not always peace and harmony. Today was just so amazingly fun. Sara Abbett made breakfast and Hampton and Lacie helped me make a big batch of YUMMY brownies before 10:00. While I worked on the laundry the boys played in Josh's room and the girls in the playroom. Yes, they do need to be separated. They eventually went outside and worked for a couple hours collecting sticks and twigs and even a few huge tree branches to put in Uncle Timmy's burn barrel. I managed to make two pots of soup and get some housework done. I did have good intentions of photographing the different events of the day to document it but after I took pictures of the brownie makers, I never picked up the camera again. Maybe tomorrow we can do it all again but in the snow. Got my fingers crossed anyway.

No comments: