Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cotton Festival

Last weekend was the annual Lee County Cotton Festival.
On Friday night we went to the rodeo. It was a first for all of us but I think it won't be the last. All of the kids, big and little, enjoyed it. Saturday we went to the pet show that "Miss" Doris coordinated. I was not too fond of the snakes and spiders that some people choose to keep as pets but it was fun to watch. There is a tree in the yard at the pet show that is, in my opinion, perfect for putting kids in to photograph them. Following the pet show we met up with Josh's pal Jenkins and his mommy in front of the church to watch the parade. Interesting is the only way to describe a cotton festival parade. You just have to attend one to understand. Since I was cold I forced the kids to leave after the parade but did let them bring some friends home with us. Life is so good.







Thats my baby Rab with her softball pals on their parade float.


my second favorite (after Rab of course) entry in the parade









2 comments:

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Well...it may have been my first Cotton Festival but it sure won't be my last! Be sure to save us a spot in front of the church next year!