Friday, October 22, 2010

Some More Differences

My sister Meredith and I are going to Clemson in the morning for the Georgia Tech game and to visit with some old college friends. We are both very much looking forward to a little sister time. My darling husband got us tickets, a parking pass and even a hotel room so we won't have to be driving late at night. Since I will be gone for a whole day and night I have been working just a little bit harder to get the house picked up, laundry all caught up, food in the pantry, my clothes packed, lists of the activities the kids should be attending written etc. I can't help but laugh at how different it is when my man goes away for a night or two. He puts his clothes in a bag and leaves. No need to make a major production out of it. Just hop in the truck and head out. We are wired so differently.

Another example of our differences:
When my sister in law, Timmy's sister, called me last night with the wonderful news that I am going to have another niece or nephew I was ecstatic. I cried, jumped up and down and started thinking about all the great memories she is making. I asked her if Timmy knew yet and she told me that yes he has actually known for about a week. A week and he hadn't mentioned it to me once. Of course I immediately called him and asked him about it. Know what his respones was? Nonchalantly he said "I haven't had time to tell you." Oh my word, seriously? No time to tell me that your own sister is expecting? No time in a whole week? I had to laugh. If she had called me first I would have called him as soon as I hung up with her to share such wonderful news.

No comments: