Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Day of Rest?!!

I thought Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest. Not in this house on this Sunday. After weeks of constant chaos we were finally forced to clean kid land, AKA the upstairs. It was in such a state of destruction that even Timmy lost his cool over it. So being the wonderful mom that I am I agreed to help the kids clean up their rooms and the play room. GROSS is the only way to describe it. We spent hours cleaning out, filling trash bags, making a charity pile and organizing just the playroom. It is pretty satisfying to see then end results. The carpets are hopelessly stained but everything is in its place. While we were working on this huge task, I asked Timmy to help Josh with his overdue project for school. He was supposed to make a drum and turn it in Friday. Well, after maybe three minutes J came back upstairs and said they had finished his project. Seriously, I couldn't have gotten out the supplies to make a drum that fast. Anyway, when I finally came down to check out the masterpiece, I was NOT happy. They had taken an old ice cream bucket and glued some pompoms on it. When Tim left to go hunting I pulled the pompoms off and made another attempt at a drum. Now don't get me wrong, I am not delusional enough to think my project is good but at least it looks like we tried. Jeez, I hope nothing happens to me and Tim has to take over running this place. After repairing the drum I concocted a meal from the crumbs left in the house. Lest you think I am a heathen let me add that this was all begun after Sunday School, church and a long lunch at McDonald's. We have the most amazing preacher who touches my heart with every sermon. I don't miss church if I can help it and especially for housework. Before I have everyone over for Thanksgiving I will have to clean the downstairs but for now I am satisfied with many hours of hard work and a single room I can tolerate. I love it all and my life is good.
Josh playing the NEW drum. Now just imagine how bad the other one had to be.

No comments: