Monday, November 24, 2008

A Roller Coaster Ride

After a delicious and nutritious dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and a can of chicken noodle soup I sent the kids upstairs to get their baths, put on pj's and lay out their clothes for school tomorrow. After screaming up to them to get moving approximately 37 times I thought they had finally settled into their night time routine when Josh, sobbing like his favorite super hero had just turned to the evil side, scream down to me, "Maaaamaaaa come here. I think there's a bug in my bathtub. It looks like a roach." Being a big girl I bravely went up acting cool to deal with the bug. I need to say here that I hate bugs especially roaches. Why in the world would we have roaches now that I have worked so hard to clean. Josh was inconsolable and refused to bathe in his tub so I put him in mine. Within seconds of hearing water running in my tub Sara Abbett was downstairs begging to bathe with Josh. Thankfully they managed that without fighting or splashing too much. Finally we settled down, read a bunch of books, had hot cocoa and apples for a bedtime snack and went to bed happy. God is so good to me.

No comments: