Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Random Things..

This has been going around on Facebook for quite some time. I decided to be different and post it here instead. The "rules" say: Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

I'm not following the rules. I am not tagging anyone and I am not using Facebook but here goes:
25 Random things about Missy
  • I have been married to a wonderful man who loves me in spite of my weirdness for 11 years.
  • I have three beautiful, smart, sassy children who make my life so exciting. Anna Grace 10 Sara Abbett 7 and Josh 6 Every day with them is an adventure.
  • My house is never completely clean.
  • I am a total germaphobe! I hate to go to movies, drink from water fountains or even go to the doctors office for fear of catching something.
  • It excites me when someone comments on this blog.
  • My favorite place on earth is my home. I would rather be here with my family than any exotic location you can come up with.
  • I loathe onions.
  • Being pregnant was wonderful. I loved every minute of it and would do it again many times over but don't want any more children. My favorite stage was around 6-7 months, scary huh, when I was huge and obviously pregnant and my babies would move and kick and make my tummy into crazy shapes
  • I seriously considered being a surrogate but my husband is completely set against it.
  • I love going to the dentist. Nothing feels better than freshly polished teeth.
  • My hobby is taking pictures, mostly of my children.
  • My dream job is to be a photographer of children's portraits. I am just to lazy to learn enough to be a pro.
  • The greatest smell on earth is children's hair fresh from a bath.
  • Sometimes on Sundays I will take off my church clothes but stay in my slip and a t-shirt all day.
  • Nothing is sweeter than an unsolicited hug or I love you from one of my children.
  • I am still carrying 20 pounds of "baby fat" from my last pregnancy 6 years ago.
  • I moved to SC from Connecticut when I was 9.
  • My brothers, sister and I all still live in Bishopville near our Mom and Dad.
  • I have met a couple of famous people but doubt anyone has heard of them. Guess they aren't that famous then.
  • Don't talk to me in the morning until I have had at least one cup of coffee.
  • Occasionally I will be sarcastic.
  • My dream since childhood was to be a teacher and a mom. I've done both! Only the mom job stuck though. I quit teaching when I started having children.
  • After my first child was born I felt an overwhelming love that I wasn't aware I was capable of. I absolutely loved my husband and still do but the love for your child is beyond comprehension. When I told my sister this while I was still in the hospital she was concerned for my marriage, now she has kids of her own and "gets it".
  • I have an unnatural fear of vomit. I will do anything to avoid it. If I think there is a chance someone will throw up I am staying away. Do not come anywhere near me if you or anyone close to you has been sick or feels like they may be.
  • My faith in God is what sustains me. I could not make it through a single day without the constant conversations with Him.

2 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Hi Missy-
Love reading these lists of 25. I've learned so much about people and it's made me think more about my "random things."

Anyway, just wanted to comment that your love of photography shows in your pictures - they are always great pictures! Of course, it helps that you have beautiful children!

Leslie said...

I really wish I would have known you wanted to be a surrogate. I absolutely would of hired you! I really wanted one except for the small fact that....I can carry a child and really shouldn't take that for granted. But I loathe pregnancy! Maybe because I had pre-eclampsia and gained 60 plus pounds of weight and fluid....and looked like a beached whale! Anyway, loved your 25 things....they made me giggle! Too funny!