Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Beautiful Weekend

Wow was the weather amazing last weekend. We went from freezing on Monday to 80's on Saturday. I love when the warm weather returns and we can get out in the yard and stay all day. It was a busier weekend than we have had in quite a while and I loved all of it.

Friday night the girls had their annual Girl Scout birthday party. It was a 70s theme so they tie dyed t-shirts and made pet rocks. My babies always have a good time at a party. Gracie had her best good friend, Kamryn, spend the night but we couldn't get in touch with any of Rab's friends. The big girls were both really sweet to Rab which does my heart good.
AG and K concentrating on some tie dye
SA looking confused
Maggie liked the cake

Saturday we played outside most of the day and went to the Family Dance at school that night. It was a small turnout but the kids enjoyed running around the gym swinging glo sticks and being wild. Josh won one of the games and got a gift card to Toys R Us. He was so excited. Of course I left my camera on the counter at home so loser mom missed out on a photo op.
Sunday was another gorgeous day. The kids spent it outside while I nursed a wicked headache. I managed to get out of bed to take Sara Abbett to softball practice at 3 o'clock. My baby has begged to play ball for months. We gave in and am I ever glad we did. She loves being out on the field with her teammates learning the sport. I am honestly enjoying hanging out with the other parents getting to know some of them better. Ball practice was followed by children's choir at 5. I am so thrilled to finally have a children's choir at church. We have so many precious children most of whom love to sing and perform for the crowd. Mrs. Hicks is such a patient lady who I know will have our babies ready for performances before long. We mom's again got to hang out together on the playground with the ones not practicing. Life is good.

No comments: