Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend at the Beach

Timmy and I took Sara Abbett and Josh to the beach for the long weekend. Anna Grace was invited but chose to stay home with her best good friend.


Rab hunted coquinas
playing catch with Daddy

The children had a ball playing in the ocean. I watched them and of course all of the people around us. It was fun to watch some new parents playing and entertaining their, I would guess, one year old in the sand. They had a bucket of shiny new toys and even the grandparents wallowed in the sand to play. I remember so well being like that. This time we sent our two down to talk to some guy who was surf fishing. I kept an eye on them but sent them alone to get a fishing report. He showed them how to hunt for sand fleas. This kept Josh occupied for well over an hour.

We almost always eat at least one meal at Hard Rock Cafe. This weekend was no exception. Sara Abbett got to choose where we would eat and this was her choice. They both had a blast posing on the motorcycle out front and leaning on the wall at the entrance.


monkey boy

Josh styling in his new Yankees jersey. We are actually more Red Sox fans but his coaches pitch team was the Yankees and he had to have this.
Our friends Rob and Stephanie and their precious son Newt joined us for a night. Newt makes the best mean face but when I pulled out the camera he was a cheeser. Both of my children loved playing with him.

I could eat him up. What a doll.

No comments: