Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bible School Again

The children finished their third and, I think, final Bible School of the Summer Thursday night. This week they were at First Baptist in town. The theme was Outrigger Island and they had everything decorated with flowers, leis, sea animals, grass skirts, sand etc. I am yet again blown away by how much my children have learned about God's love through song, study and prayer. What a blessing to have so many people willing to share their time and talents with these children so that they will know the love of the Lord. There was a short program at the end of the night, Thursday, to wrap up everything. The children sang some songs and were presented with a Bible and a certificate. I am so proud of my babies.
They took up an offering each night to give to a local mission program but made it into a contest, boys vs. girls. If the girls brought the most Mr. Mark had to do the hula for everyone and of the boys did Mr Jamie had to dance. It was a tie so both had to do it. Bless their hearts. Now I think we will sleep in for a few days. It has been a busy two weeks and they are exhausted.

No comments: