Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter

Anna Grace had an appointment with the orthodontist today for a consultation. As we were getting out of the car she said, "I don't have any shoes." I could have killed her but instead just took her on in without shoes. No time to go home and find some. Serves me right for cleaning out the car the other night. If I hadn't we would have had a shoe store to choose from. We are some country rednecks aren't we? I took my nine year old into the orthodontist office barefoot. Thank God I wasn't pregnant or I may have had to turn around and leave. After an x-ray and an oral exam they decided that she will have to wait another year and yet another consultation before we do anything. My angel has inherited my mouth with an overbite and some great spittin' gaps. I could spray a stream of water pretty far in my early years and according to Miss Grace she is also a good spitter. After looking at the x-ray the doctor said she is missing an adult tooth to replace one of her baby teeth on top. We found out last year that Rabbie is too. That makes the three Kirven girls with that same problem. A trait we all inherited from my Grampie. How weird is that? We are total rednecks but life is good.I will have to find a picture of me at this age to add to this to show the comparison.

1 comment:

Kacy said...

I love those "spittin' gaps!" Have you seen my McCanless' mouth?