Sunday, September 21, 2008

Counting My Blessings

I have not been able to get precious Bayler out of my mind. Every once in a while I feel like the breath is being knocked out of me thinking about what that angel is going through. I can not understand why a child so young is being faced with this. Though it is not for me to understand I wish I could get a grasp on why him. Why a baby? My bad days sure seem minor in comparison. I spent a good long time just snuggling with my beautiful 5 year old boy yesterday thanking God for his little bad self and that he is healthy and strong. I find myself hugging a little harder and tolerating some of the petty things that used to push me to the brink of insanity on a daily basis. As a mom I can't even begin to imagine how Risha must be feeling seeing her baby in such pain and being poked, and prodded at every turn, having test after test run to see where that horrible disease is in his little body. My heart aches for her nearly as much as for her Bayler. I want to help, I want to do something, but am completely at a loss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want Bayler to be all better and come home and live happily ever after and that is what I am praying for. Please continue your prayers as it is going to be a very long process until that beautiful boy will be home and all well.

1 comment:

Lee Wilkes said...

Girl, I feel the same way. I noticed that for the last week my patience with the boys is so much better b/c I am counting my blessings for every healthy moment I can share with them. I can't even wrap my head around it most days. All I know to do is to support all the fundraising efforts with money or time. I love the stickers Hannah has done and can't wait to proudly display it on my car. My aunt in Columbia has had some Tshirts printed up (my uncle and Ron were college roomates and still keep in touch). I have had such a heavy heart for them and wish there was more I could do. Let's keep praying and lifting them up to the only one who can get them through this!