Wednesday, September 17, 2008

An Eventful Afternoon

When Sara Abbett thought it was a good idea to pretend to be nauseous so she could have a day at home I decided that I don't spend enough time with my babies. Anna Grace stayed home on Friday and Josh on Monday because they had fever and sore throats so Rab had to have a pretend illness to get some at home with mom time. I took her to school late today with a promise to pick her up after Girl Scouts. We went to the awesome new playground at church.




While we were there Miss Jane stopped her painting to visit and gave the children a behind the scenes tour of the church. They saw where the choir sits and how to turn on the organ (which I hope they don't try) they explored the storage closets and discovered all kinds of secret doors. I spent a few minutes taking pictures of the beautiful windows and some of the other unique things around the building. I think we all got a greater appreciation for God's house.


After all that fun we headed home to do some homework and supper. I was busily doing my thing when someone drove up the driveway to tell me we don't have a mailbox any more. I looked down to the road and saw a fire truck, an ambulance, a police car and several other cars. Oh my, what in the world happened and why am I so oblivious that someone had to come tell me? It seems someone lost control of their car and took our mailbox with it. The children and I went down to investigate (after the ambulance left) and were assured that the man was ok. He cut his head but nothing serious. Thank God for that. The kids had fun picking out a souvenir of the event.
Notice J and AG have tiny numbers from the post and SA has the entire mailbox and part of the post. All of which she wanted to take to school.

No comments: