Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Long Birthday Weekend

Mommy made the cake with just a little help from the children.

Somehow we always seem to make a birthday last for several days. Sara Abbett's actual birthday was Saturday but she started the celebration on Thursday. My mama didn't think she was going to be in town for the party on Sunday so she had a mini party with Mere's children and mine at her house. They had a little cake and Mama gave Rab their gift, a Barbie bedroom. Fun and simple!!!

Tim's mom came over before we left for a couple parties to bring Sara Abbett her gift. A keyboard! Pretty soon we will have a whole band. Two of Rab's friends had parties on Saturday so we just waited an extra day to do hers. Lauren E. had a really neat cooking party at the children's cooking school in Florence. They made their own pizzas and decorated cupcakes. How much fun is that? We left there and headed home to the Country Club for Kate's cool swimming party. Kate's mom was so sweet and had them sing to Sara Abbett after Kate since it was Rab's real birthday. I forgot my camera so I have no pictures of those precious girls and their good times.On Saturday night we had a couple friends spend the night. Madison and Morgan came over to keep my girls occupied while we watched the game. Tigers did not perform too well but the girls had a blast together.


When you are seven you can make your own pancakes.
Finally on Sunday evening we got around to a real birthday party for my baby girl. Several of her friends came to play, eat and of course open presents. That took 7.6 seconds and they were off again to play. I have no idea who gave what but she was thrilled with everything. We had a porch party but since it was kind of hot mostly the kids ran around in the house and played in the girls bedroom while we adults tolerated the heat on the porches, men on the front and ladies out back. AG begged to have Madison spend the night again but I told them no way because we were gonna have to spend Labor Day cleaning their rooms. About an hour later they came to find me, and asked me to please come upstairs. Lo and behold those girls cleaned their room and the playroom. We had a spur of the moment slumber party. I have been opposed to slumber parties since I don't like to have my sleep interfered with but these girls were great.
Sara Abbett stood at the window as soon as the clock struck 5 waiting for her friends to arrive. Morgan saw an opportunity to pose.
Papa and the kids
Madison, Morgan, Zeke and Rab
the slumberers

No comments: