Monday, April 14, 2008

Anna Grace Kirven


I thought I would take some time to describe each of my children one at a time. It is only logical that I start with Anna Grace my first born angel.

At 10:11 PM on October 30, 1998, after an easy, uneventful pregnancy and a pretty easy labor (after the epidural) Anna Grace Kirven was delivered to two nervous and excited parents. What a beautiful gift God gave us that day. It is hard to describe to anyone who doesn't have children the pure love you feel for your child. As in love with her Daddy as I was and still am, the love for the person that has been literally a part of you for nine months is something indescribable and uniquely special. We treasure every moment with her, all of the firsts that I just knew I could never forget and haven't but couldn't tell you dates or times for any of them. First smile, bath, steps, day in church, visit to the beach, trip on an airplane, day in child care and the first day of big girl school, first tooth and also shots, black eyes and bumps, bruises and splinters. All of these were exciting in their own right. *Write things down, don't count on your memory!*


From the beginning, she was such an easy baby. We could shop for hours and she wouldn't make a peep or even cry for food. Anything suited her in those days. She loved to ride in the car and look at everything around her. She rubbed all the hair off of the back of her head by looking from side to side checking out the world. She was outgoing and would talk and go to anyone. That has changed quite a bit and now she will NOT speak to people when we go places. Surely she will out grow that habit since she is exactly like me in so many ways and I can't stop talking. For two years she was the only grandchild on my side of the family and was just a bit spoiled. Her Grammie doted on her and saw her almost every day. AG still thinks my mom put the stars in the sky. The feeling is mutual! In the nine years since her birth Anna Grace has grown from the beautiful kewpie doll baby to an amazing young lady. I am so proud of who she is becoming. She has a love of reading that makes the mom, teacher and librarian in me so proud. Creativity she also has in abundance. This is fun but also can cause problems in school when she works on one of her projects instead of doing her lessons. I have often heard from her teachers that she is a pleasure and is always kind to others. How proud I am of that. I may not always see that side of her at home but as long as she is good at school and in public I'm a happy mom. Anna Grace has always been a good student. Her grades have been quite good so far. She was even one of the top readers in first grade. It has gotten harder but she continues to work hard and earn those top marks.
I am so blessed to have this girl in my life. I wonder what I did right that God would give me such a wonderful gift.

3 comments:

Danna said...

Wow Missy! You brought tears to my eyes. I cannont wait to have those first experiences with Bennett and hope I have the same patience and positive attitude you always seem to have with your kids!

Bree said...

That is so sweet!!

Lee Wilkes said...

What a sweet post!