Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

I have had that song, "My Favorite Things", from The Sound of Music stuck in my head all afternoon and started thinking about what makes me cheer up when things aren't going so great. Here are a few things on my list in no particular order:
  • the smell of the children after a bath
  • an unsolicited hug from my husband
  • the satisfaction of getting a project finished
  • a glass of wine and a visit with a friend
  • taking pictures of my children
  • rocking a baby
  • a long hot bath at the end of the day
  • when the choir sings my favorite anthem "Here I Am Lord"
  • weddings
  • being pregnant - I know that sounds crazy coming from me but I loved every minute of being pregnant!...and NO WAY am I having any more babies unless I am a surrogate.
  • a handful of dandylions from my son - he is such a sweet boy
  • hot coffee
  • dark chocolate

No comments: