Monday, April 28, 2008

Dance

The girls had their dance recital Saturday night. It was a great night for both of them as they got their chance to shine. I am always so proud of my children in everything they do but especially for my shy AG who does not like to be up in front of people. It was hard for her to get on that stage, she actually said she wanted to be sick that day so she wouldn't have to go. Watching the event only reminded me of what a sap I have become though. One of the first dances was to the song Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman. The song makes me cry every time I hear it so when the daddies walked out with their tiny girls and twirled them and let them stand on their feet to dance I was a puddle. Timmy just rolls his eyes when I start and Jill thought I should be medicated. We weren't allowed to take flash pictures during the performances so I don't have any to share but I did snap a couple during their final curtain call. Look how cute they are in their dance costumes. The dance school came to REL on Tuesdays so the daughters of those of us who can't or in my case won't get away to haul the children all over creation didn't have to miss out on the opportunity. Miss Nikki was wonderful and extremely patient with the children all year. The girls loved her.

Sara Abbett in the middle.


Anna Grace also in the middle.


They wore their costumes all day Sunday. Guess they liked them a lot. They even took turns wearing each others.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Your girls did so great!! They are just beautiful. I am glad I was not the only one having an emotional breakdown!haha