Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Whirlwind

We had a wonderful, busy, happy weekend. Friday night Timmy and I got to go out on a date. We went to Percy and Willies for dinner then to the movies to see Leatherheads. It has been waaaayyyy too long since we have had time together like that. The children spent the night with my sister and brother so there was no rush to get back. We actually stayed up past midnight. Saturday was rainy and yukky so absolutely nothing got accomplished but a bit of laundry. Even though we are having a party for Hannah and Jared in two weeks and the house looks like a swamp I just let it all go and hung out with my family. I love a day like that. We did go to Mom and Dad's for supper. Aunt Lindy is making her annual jaunt around the US so we met with her for a porch party. She brought some surprises for the old girls (Mere, Jill and me). She had bought Nana tons of beautiful and unique jewelry for years and when Nan died a couple years ago she of course took it back home with her. Well, imagine my surprise when she gave each of us a beautiful piece of the past. Thanks Aunt Lindy for the earrings and ring. I wore them to church Sunday. The big and most exciting part of the weekend was Sunday afternoon. We went to T's mom's for a secret family meeting. I had my own idea of what it could be but waited patiently for the news. Deanne and her precious boyfriend Matt are planning a wedding. We are all so excited for them. They don't have a date yet as he just asked her Friday but I hope it will be real soon. They make such a cute couple. It was a great weekend!!





No comments: