Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beach Week 2008



My 2 favorite guys

The Kirven Three

Waiting for the ice cream truck.


People say they look alike.



Our Olympians



Run Joshie Run

A Superman tattoo just like James Davis

cool dudes

pretty girls

Mommy and Rab riding on a boat



too cute

best buddies

cannonball

Coppertone boy

Lacie running fast



hamming it up

the Martha Washington

my girls

peas and carrots

riding the raft

Cameron watching Miss Heather cut hair.

I love this one!!


We're home!!! Vacation was wonderful this year. I, being the one who can get kind of cranky, had a long talk with myself and God on the way down about remembering how excited the children are about being at the beach and trying to keep my cool when things are not exactly as I want them to be. Pat me on the back, I stayed pretty calm most of the week. I only lost my temper once or twice with my oldest because her attitude at times makes me insane. She is a mini me.

As the children get older it gets easier for the grown ups. We are completely out of diapers now and the two youngest have learned to swim without life jackets. Huge steps in saving our sanity. We swam in the ocean and the pool, tried our hand at fishing, went crabbing one night and just hung out together. The highlight of the week though was Mary Ellen's Birthday Olympics. Since her big day was the same as the opening of the Summer Olympics, Mere planned some great games and races for the kids to play on the beach. Mom and her sister were in charge of the opening and closing ceremonies. I wish I had the video of their singing . People all around us just smiled as they walked by surely thinking we were all nuts. Life is good.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Girl--- I got video, but I may really be disowned by the family(your mom) if I dared to put it on here. I did make Jakette and Amie watch it the other night... it was TOO funny!! Life is good, you are right!!! Love you!!

Amell Newlyweds said...

Sounds like the vacation went down in true mcelveen fashion!!! Looks like yall had a blast!! I have checked everyday, looking for pictures...finally!! I want that picture of rab in the shadow...it's amazing!! Love you ALL!!!

Amy said...

The Martha Washington hair is excellent! I showed Claudia and friends how to do that when were were in the pool in NC! I always called it 'tea party hair' as we'd do that just before we had an underwater tea party. Yet another thing we used to do ourselves, huh Missy?