Saturday, August 23, 2008

We Made It

We made it through the first week of school. It was a short week but nonetheless we managed to get up and out on time every day. Woo Hoo. I hope we can keep it up for the entire year. Since Gracie and I are not morning people this may prove to be a challenge. I am trying to get everything organized so that our days will run as smoothly as they possibly can. We are doing our best to get lunches packed and clothes laid out every night so there isn't the scramble that we had EVERY day last year. I am making the children take responsibility for these tasks. I will help as needed but they are capable of making sandwiches and packing lunch. I haven't needed to be fashion police yet but no doubt that will be the case before long. My babies are notorious for putting on things that are totally inappropriate for school. I let it ride during the summer but not during regular school.

I am also thrilled to report that all three loved their first week of school. AG loves her class and Mrs. Manuel. I hope Mrs. M will continue to encourage Gracie's love of books as her past teachers have but push her a bit harder with math. Gray does not like math at all and will probably struggle with it some this year. I plan to get my lazy rear in gear and work with her on it. The kid would rather read in math class.

Rab, the easy going baby, is just as happy as can be in Mrs. Welch's class. She is thrilled to have two of her best friends in the same class with her. She has brought home papers with beautiful handwriting already. We just know SA will be reading chapter books before much longer. Gracie was reading the Bible by the time she finished Mrs. Welch's first grade. Surely Rabbie will read the Bible and maybe War and Peace. hee hee Seriously though, I am thrilled to have Mrs. W again this year. She is the best teacher ever!

Josh is going to keep us all on our toes. He got one of his smiley faces taken on the second day for hitting. I asked him why he hit Jackson and he gave me his standard, "he hit me first" answer. I told him that there is no excuse for hitting and that he was gonna have to tell his daddy himself what happened. When Tim got home he had enough sense to ask J why Jackson had hit him (a question I didn't even think to ask) and Josh sheepishly said, "because I tried to bite him." WHAT?!! The kid is gonna be the death of me. I talked to "Miss" Bebe today and she said all of this occurred in the bathroom and that Josh had tried to bite Jackson on the behind. Pray for me people cause I don't know what I am gonna do with that boy.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Missy, I just have to say, we have had a really bad weekend but the wonderful image you just set up of Josh trying to bite Jackson's butt in the bathroom put a huge smile on my face. Thanks for the laugh. I'm also so excited for Rabbie and Morgan....together again :) Jen

Lee Wilkes said...

Oh my goodness! Josh is a mess and I think I have 2 just like him! Hang in there.

Bree said...

Wow - Bite him on the behind - that's wild. Boys...

scharberg said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for inviting me in - we can now keep up with the Kirvens. I see Josh is still keeping you on your toes.