Wednesday, March 26, 2008

All Day With Mom

Today I decided to take the children to work with me instead of having them go to day care. Actually, the only way I was gonna be close to on time was to tell them they could go with me if they would get out of bed NOW! We are all sleepers in our family and it is quite difficult for us to get moving in the mornings. Usually the promise of something fun, the Easter Bunny or Santa's visit or getting to spend the day in the library with Mommy more than likely will do the trick.

While we were in a library with thousands of books for my precious angels to choose from my angels chose to do this.
Mind you Anna Grace has been an avid reader since K-5. The other two love to be read to but with the wonderful internet to lure them this is how my babies choose to spend the day. Hey, they were pretty quiet!

By 3:00 we had all had enough of the library and the rest of the staff had had enough of us so headed out to make the most of this beautiful afternoon. We stopped by the farm to visit with Papa and Uncle Will and check out the animals. We all loved the goats. This guy did his best to knock down the gate. It took all the nerve the children could muster to get close to him. Once they got near though they loved it.



I feel sorry for people who don't have the opportunity to do all the great things Papa has enabled my children to experience. I love the fact that my babies have held baby chicks, rabbits and goats. They have fed the chickens, horses, cows, pigs and even bottle fed a motherless calf and deer. They know what it is like to ride a tractor and see first hand where some of our produce comes from. We have witnessed chickens hatching from the eggs laid by the mama hen right on the farm. They have been out to collect eggs from the hens and picked their own corn out of the field. Papa has cut back on some of his animal population in the last year, here are a few of his remaining pets.

Mama hen and her chick

Papa bunny. Mama didn't want her picture taken as her babies are coming soon.


Uncle Will's pet snakes. YUK




Uncle Will's monster truck "big red" He took them for a ride in it while I visited with Papa in his office. Josh is standing up next to this truck. It is very "tall".




posing on one of the gates by the horse barn


After the farm we tried the park for a while. We didn't last long because a group of older children came in and were using some pretty rude language. We did get to play on the monkey bars and swing for a few minutes.
Josh was saying, "Mama, why do you keep taking my picture? Just push me."


After the park we decided home is best. All three thought it was warm enough to put on their bathing suits. They climbed the trees, rode bicycles and played tennis against the side of the house. I did stop them before they played in the sprinkler. All in all it was a good day. I hope to come up with something even better for Friday.

1 comment:

Bree said...

All of this sounds fun to me!!!