Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break

The children have the week off from school for Spring Break this week. Yesterday we stayed home (only because day care was not open) and worked on getting Joshua's room in shape. We cleaned and rearranged his space. Poor baby has been sleeping on a mattress on the floor for over a year so we decided it was time to at least put a frame under it. I needed some more storage space too. We also moved furniture around and added some Clemson tiger paws to cover some of the dents in the wall. My boy loves to throw his toys and his walls have taken a beating. I have been trying to clean out anything that we don't need or use and give it to the church for a yard sale. We trashed a grocery bag of broken toys and bagged up quite a few other items for the church. All we need now is a few organization boxes and new bedding and window treatments and his room will be to my satisfaction. (for now any way)

My precious niece and nephew, Cameron and Lacie, came over to help us too. It was amazing how well the children got along.

Today it is back to work and day care for the Kirvens. I really need to come up with something fun for the babies to do while they have no homework and don't have to get to bed quite as early as on school nights. I had planned to take them to the beach Thursday for the weekend but several things have come up and it's not gonna happen this year. I have taken the time off from the library already so maybe something will come to me by then.

No comments: